Our summer photo contest is underway! This is such a fun celebration of kids in the garden. We have four categories to enter, perfect for any type of gardener.
- Kid Gardeners - Photos of kids gardening outdoors or indoors.
- Kid Garden Activity or Lesson - Pressing flowers? Making seed balls? Show us a garden activity or lesson in or out of the garden.
- Garden Photos Taken by Kids (age 10 and under) - Giant vegetables? Cool critters? Garden selfies? This is for kids behind the camera.
- Garden Photos Taken by Kids (age 11-18) - For older kids behind the camera.
And what’s a contest without prizes?! Each of the category winners will receive a $50 gift card to Gardener’s Supply Company. We will also select 10 honorable mentions to receive a Botanical Interest seed collection.
We can’t wait to see what your kids are doing or observing in the garden. Check out the gallery of entries to get inspired! (Click on View Gallery above the entry form to see all the entries so far.)
We’ve got some great photography tips (for kids and adults) as well as a photo safari and bug hunt activities, plus a more in depth look at photographing shapes and pattens that could make this contest even more fun for the kids in your life.
Don’t delay! The summer photo contest closes August 18.
(header image, Garden toes!, submitted by Alea)
- The KidsGardening Shop is Open!
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Garden With Eggs Contest: Enter by 10/22/21
- Dick & Jane Educational Snacks – Farmers Market Cards
- An Egg-cellent Opportunity: Garden Activity Pack & Photo Contest
- This week: National Children & Youth Garden Symposium, July 7-9
- GroPride: Supporting LGBTQ+ youth through gardening
- Kids Love School Gardens
- Building a “Fairy Tail” Garden
- Kids Garden Month is here!