Lately my blog posts have included lots of tips for seasonal activities. To continue with this trend, I thought I’d share a webinar I recently participated in hosted by the School Garden Support Organization Network. Focused on winter programming in Northern climates, a few school garden experts and I shared our ideas for creative food- and garden-based programming that you can accomplish while your outdoor growing space is dormant. Here’s a link to the recording; I hope you will give the webinar a listen!
If you’re interested in other webinars like this, subscribe to our newsletter for information on webinars that KidsGardening staff participate in. And if you live in a place where your school garden needs to go on hiatus during the winter because of cold temperatures and snow, let us know what fun activities you do to keep students engaged!
- The KidsGardening Shop is Open!
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Garden With Eggs Contest: Enter by 10/22/21
- Dick & Jane Educational Snacks – Farmers Market Cards
- An Egg-cellent Opportunity: Garden Activity Pack & Photo Contest
- This week: National Children & Youth Garden Symposium, July 7-9
- GroPride: Supporting LGBTQ+ youth through gardening
- Kids Love School Gardens
- Building a “Fairy Tail” Garden
- Kids Garden Month is here!