As I’ve mentioned in previous blog posts, I spend half my week as the Garden Education Coordinator for the Burlington School District. I get to care for school gardens and work with K-12 classrooms on a variety of garden-based projects, everything from planting and harvesting to preparing snacks with students using a mobile cooking cart. The other week Eva Sollberger, a senior multimedia producer from Seven Days, filmed a few of my garden classes at Champlain Elementary School and interviewed students and teachers (as well as myself) for her “Stuck in Vermont” web video series.
Check out the video below to see our garden program in action!
- Red Cabbage pH Experiment
- The Magic of Greenhouses
- Indoor Garden-Based Activities to Get You Through the Winter
- New Newsletter Offerings
- Holiday Gifts from the Garden
- The Return of Mister Chris and Christine!
- School Garden Retrospective
- Turning Trash into Garden Treasure
- Apple Taste Test
- Peas, Pollinators, and (Hydro)Ponics