As I’ve mentioned in previous blog posts, I spend half my week as the Garden Education Coordinator for the Burlington School District. I get to care for school gardens and work with K-12 classrooms on a variety of garden-based projects, everything from planting and harvesting to preparing snacks with students using a mobile cooking cart. The other week Eva Sollberger, a senior multimedia producer from Seven Days, filmed a few of my garden classes at Champlain Elementary School and interviewed students and teachers (as well as myself) for her “Stuck in Vermont” web video series.
Check out the video below to see our garden program in action!
- Teaching Kids to Protect Our Pollinators
- Fall Cover Crop
- Summer Photo Contest Winners
- Inspiration for Early Childhood Gardens
- Activities for the First Day in the Garden
- Container Gardening: Strikes and Gutters
- Summer Photo Contest
- More Books to Read in the Garden
- Read in (and About!) the Garden
- Summer Reading List