As I’ve mentioned in previous blog posts, I spend half my week as the Garden Education Coordinator for the Burlington School District. I get to care for school gardens and work with K-12 classrooms on a variety of garden-based projects, everything from planting and harvesting to preparing snacks with students using a mobile cooking cart. The other week Eva Sollberger, a senior multimedia producer from Seven Days, filmed a few of my garden classes at Champlain Elementary School and interviewed students and teachers (as well as myself) for her “Stuck in Vermont” web video series.
Check out the video below to see our garden program in action!
- Growing a Garden Community
- Seed Balls Spread Beauty
- It’s Garden Grant Season!
- Soil Can Help Fight Climate Change: Kids Need to Get Dirty and Learn About Soil
- Give a Leaf a Nibble: Garden Coordinator at Work
- Appreciate Abundance
- Cooking with Kids – Using the Garden’s Bounty
- Life Lessons from the Garden
- Your School Gardens Questions, Answered (Part 2)
- A Reminder to Enjoy Your Garden