KidsGardening is the lookout for an Operations Coordinator with an enthusiastic spirit and proactive, collaborative work ethic. The role calls for a candidate who is savvy across a wide range of skills, from database management to social media marketing and graphic design.
We’re looking for someone who can invoice, budget, and maintain systems operations with passion.
Bonus points if you love to work for a tight-knit, collaborative team in a relaxed environment while making the world a better place.
Are you interested? Please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. This position will remain open until filled.
KidsGardening is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
KidsGardening seeks a team member to support our growth as operations coordinator.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- General office administrative experience
- Social media marketing skills
- Graphic design skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and flexible approach to work
- Self-starter able to set and meet goals and deadlines
- Sound professional judgment, ability to establish and maintain confidentiality
- Experience working with a team in a remote office setting
- Computer Skills: Google Suite, Dropbox, Adobe Suite, general familiarity with database management (preferably Salesforce) and accounting software systems (Xero)
Development Support (30%)
- Supports day-to-day upkeep of our donor management database, including updating constituent records, pulling mailing lists, running reports, donor recognition letters, and tracking appeal performance
- Contributes to fundraising communications in collaboration with Director of Communications and Executive Director
- Researches funding opportunities as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
Administrative Support (30%)
- Payroll administration (we use a very user-friendly service called Gusto)
- Work with bookkeeper to track income and expenses
- Generate reports
- Fielding phone calls and monitoring general inquiries
- Managing insurance, trademarks, and author royalties
- Liaise with the firm contracted to manage our state charitable solicitation registrations
- Managing collaboration software
- Other administrative duties, as assigned
- Support Program Director and Senior Education Specialist by reviewing grant applications during the busy grant season
- Support Program Director to prepare and mail grant packages
Marketing Support (40%)
- Manage social media interactions on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter; and calendar for Pinterest and YouTube
- Implement best practices in social media marketing driving traffic to the KidsGardening site and attracting donors
- Create shareable content
- Implement graphic design for marketing and development
- Curriculum, sponsor collateral, marketing materials, fundraising appeals
This is a part-time (.8 FTE) salaried position. Pay will range between $30,000-$35,000 commensurate with experience.
Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, and flexible scheduling.
This position will be based in our office in Burlington, Vermont.