|Job title||Development director|
|Reports to||Executive director|
|Desired Start Date||Early July 2017|
The development director is responsible for co-designing and managing all of the organization’s fundraising activities in partnership with the executive director. This position is a critical revenue generator for KidsGardening. The role requires strong “servant leadership”, leading and supporting the Board and executive director in all fundraising activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the drafting and execution of overall fundraising strategy
- Oversees day to day execution, tracking progress and important milestones
- Proposes and executes annual fund direct marketing strategy
- Drafts fundraising appeals, pulls mailing lists, coordinates mailings, tracks and reports performance
- Manages foundation giving program
- Researches grant funding opportunities
- Maintains grant calendar
- Works with ED and education specialists to draft and submit grant proposals
- Manages individual giving program
- Researches major donors, supports ED to prepare for visits, if appropriate maintains portfolio of major donors
- Supports corporate giving program
- Oversees all special events fundraising
- Plans and manages special events
- Oversees all administrative tasks related to development
- Donor recognition, CRM updates, Charity Navigator, Guidestar
- Supports development communications
- Works with ED and marketing specialist to draft and schedule development communications, e.g. annual report, gift acknowledgements, website impact page
- Bachelors degree and 3-5 years experience in development
- Excellent communications skills including writing and presentation skills
- Grant research and grant writing experience
- Experience writing fundraising appeals
- Knowledge of individual giving processes and norms. Experience soliciting individual gifts a plus.
- Results driven
- Highly organized
- Good storyteller
- Resourceful, quick learner, takes initiative
- Works well independently and collaboratively as part of a small team
- Experience with Results Based Accountability and logic models a plus
KidsGardening.org has been a leading resource for school and youth gardening since 1982 providing garden grants, research and curriculum. The national non-profit creates opportunities for kids to learn through the garden, engaging their natural curiosity and wonder by providing inspiration, know-how, networking opportunities, and additional educational resources.
Beginning with 50 youth garden grants in 1982, KidsGardening.org has benefited an estimated 1.5 children and contributed close to $4.4 million dollars in funding to youth gardening initiatives across the U.S. Learning through gardening creates generations of kids connected to their food and community and engaged in nurturing a healthy planet.
KidsGardening is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples to [email protected]