"We were so excited to be a part of the 4th annual Day in the Dirt! This weekend we volunteered with the UVM Rubenstein School, Lululemon Athletica, Burlington and ArtsRiot to install an outdoor learning space at John J Flynn Elementary in Burlington, VT. We had a great time digging in the dirt and meeting new friends! It was a beautiful day in Vermont!"
The 4th annual Day in the Dirt! includes teams of volunteers working at community and school garden sites all over the city, a delicious picnic, and plenty of fun and prizes. Day in the Dirt! is made possible thanks to nearly 200 volunteers and a host of local Vermont businesses.
This year’s garden work sites included:
- Baird School Garden
- Champlain Elementary School Fresh Garden
- Community Teaching Garden at Ethan Allen Homestead
- Community Teaching Garden at Tommy Thompson Community Garden
- Family Room Garden at Ethan Allen Homestead Fanny Allen Garden at UVM Medical Center
- Harbor Place in Shelburne, Homeward Bound Collective
- Indigenous Seed Garden at the Intervale Center
- JJ Flynn Elementary School
- Lakeview South Community Garden
- North Avenue Coop
- Riverside Neighborhood Garden
- The Hunt Garden
- UVM Campus Children’s School
Day in the Dirt is a part of Vermont Community Garden Network's Dirty Weekend 2016, "A celebration of soils, spring and community spirit!" The weekend was full of incredible events such as the Dirt Ball, Day in the Dirt, and Compost Fest! It was a whole weekend of dirty fun for all! We're looking forward to next year!
Dirty Weekend Information Source: Vermont Community Garden Network
- Quick Pickle Your Garden
- Discovering Through Hydroponics
- The KidsGardening Shop is Open!
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Garden With Eggs Contest: Enter by 10/22/21
- Dick & Jane Educational Snacks – Farmers Market Cards
- An Egg-cellent Opportunity: Garden Activity Pack & Photo Contest
- This week: National Children & Youth Garden Symposium, July 7-9
- GroPride: Supporting LGBTQ+ youth through gardening
- Kids Love School Gardens