GrowLab: A Complete Guide to Gardening in the Classroom
- Stress-free indoor gardening!
- Includes step-by-step instructions for setting up an indoor garden
- Engage students in gardening year round
GrowLab: A Complete Guide provides the how-to details for you to begin an indoor garden. Indoor gardens allow you to engage students in hands-on, plant-based activities year round, regardless of the weather. It includes comprehensive information to help you in successfully raising vegetables, flowers, and herbs to maturity in the classroom along with ideas for creative classroom projects and interdisciplinary activity ideas to help you integrate the garden into your curriculum.
This guide provides you with step-by-step instructions for setting up an indoor garden including:
- how to pick the best site.
- a comparison of different indoor gardening techniques including window gardens, DIY light gardens and prefabricated light gardens.
- a full list of the basic materials and supplies needed.
- recommended plant list for indoor gardens.
- proper planting techniques and care instructions.
- tips for avoiding and tackling problems such as plant pests and disease.
GrowLab: A Complete Guide is designed to help you create a positive and stress-free indoor gardening experience.
View a sample activity on growing houseplant cuttings, bulbs, and tubers.
All of KidsGardening curriculum is sold through Gardener’s Supply Company.