Gardening changes and improves kids’ lives, their communities, and the planet.
KidsGardening has been helping youth gardens thrive since 1982.
What we do
Our mission is to create opportunities for kids to play, learn, and grow through gardening, engaging their natural curiosity and wonder.
In 2019, KidsGardening reached an estimated 1,000,000 kids across the United States through our grant programs, contests, curriculum, and activities.
Teachers and garden educators who receive our grants report seeing the following in their students:
- 91% saw increased environmental stewardship
- 82% saw an increase in community spirit
- 80% saw increased social skills
- 75% saw increased leadership skills
- 70% saw improved nutritional attitudes
Read our 2019 Impact Report.
When kids have the opportunity to learn and play in the garden, it helps reverse these alarming trends:
- Kids (ages 10-14) spend up to 6 hours per day on their screens. (1)
- Diet-related illnesses are on the rise among all ages, but especially children. These diseases include heart disease, cancer, and type 2 diabetes. (2)
- Lack of green space for growing children has been linked to anxiety and poor mental health. (3)
Sign up for our FREE monthly newsletter to get our latest resources, grant announcements, and more in your inbox each month!