Books in Bloom
- Features 17 children’s books to use on garden adventures!
- Perfect for formal and informal educational settings
- Reference icons clearly identifying appropriate grade levels
- Compact lesson ideas, hands-on activities, and full lesson plans
- Related titles for alternative reading levels
- Connections to Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards
Books in Bloom invites children on a special literary adventure to learn about science while also exploring the garden. Written by Valerie Bang-Jensen & Mark Lubkowitz, founders of the Teaching Gardens at St. Michael’s College, Books in Bloom includes 17 chapters each featuring a popular children's book and related garden-inspired activities to help you ‘dig’ into the story in a fun way. It is perfect for formal and informal educational settings including libraries, classrooms, after-school programs, and even home gardens.
View a sample lesson plan from Compost Stew.
Don't miss Christine's In the Weeds episode featuring this book!
All of KidsGardening curriculum is sold through Gardener's Supply Company.
Schools and educational institutions can receive a 25% discount off the regular retail price for items from Gardener’s Supply (discount cannot be applied on top of other discounts). To take advantage of this discount, you must contact Holly-Ruth Stocking at 802-861-7127 or 888-560-1037 and place your order by phone (not available through online shopping at this time). Please mention source code KGO2018.