- Pair of pantyhose
- Potting soil
- Grass seed
- Miscellaneous craft supplies
- Craft glue or glue gun
Make your own plant person from a pair of old pantyhose, a little bit of soil and some grass seed!
- Cut a 6 to 8 inch long piece of panty hose (any color will work). If your piece does not include a toe, then knot one end of the hose and turn it inside out. It will end up looking like a little pantyhose bag.
- Next scoop 2 to 3 teaspoons of grass seed into the closed end. Fill the rest of the hose with potting mix and tie the hose closed. Use your hands to gently shape the ball into a head shape.
- Place the head in a shallow dish with the grass seed side on top. Use craft pieces such as wiggle eyes, buttons, pompom balls, felt and chenille sticks to make eyes, a nose, mouth and arms. Attach with craft glue or a glue gun.
- After glue has dried/cooled, carefully water your new plant person until the soil is thoroughly moist and place in a warm location. Check on it daily to make sure soil stays moist (if it seems to dry out quickly you can keep a reservoir of water in your dish), and within 3 to 5 days your new plant person will begin to grow “hair.”
- Once the hair is established, you can give him/her a hair cut or just let it grow and see how long it will get. If you have time and supplies, make more than one to create a whole family of plant people.