Chartwells provides meals to dining services for more than 575 school districts, ranging from large public institutions to small charter and private schools, and prides itself on creating customized programs to match the requests of the students, parents and faculty. Chartwells is a culinary-focused organization with a mission to extend its passion, dedication, knowledge and enthusiasm into serving each student delicious and nutritious meals. The company is built on decades of food and education experience and driven by top culinary, nutrition, wellness and sustainability talent.
About Chartwells K12 and KidsGardening.org Partnership:
Chartwells K12 and KidsGardening.org created the eat. learn. live. School Garden Program, a first-of- its-kind comprehensive resource. The program guides our teams and educators through the process of successfully developing, growing and sustaining school gardens regardless of space, climate or resources they may have currently available.
Chartwells K12 and KidsGardening.org have created a wealth of gardening and nutrition educational resources including the eat. learn. live. School Garden Program, and a Garden 1, 2, 3 quick start guide for those considering starting a garden. This program was recently recognized as a 2016 BEST CONCEPT by Food Management Magazine. This honor showcases outstanding innovation in the food service industry, and the eat. learn. live, School Garden Program stood out as a comprehensive tool to help guide school districts to develop and sustain a school garden!
Chartwells not only wants more gardens in their schools, it’s about more gardens in all schools so we have made all of these resources available to schools for free.
Eat. Learn. Live. and Grow Grant Winners
Congratulations to the 2016 Eat. Learn. Live. and Grow Grant winners! Sponsored by Chartwells K12 in partnership with KidsGardening.org, each of the 18 grant recipients will receive funding and materials to enhance their garden curriculum and support food and nutrition education through an edible garden program. Winners were chosen based on demonstrated or potential program impact and sustainability in addition to how well the program connects to the theme “How Do You Eat. Learn. Live. and Grow?”
$5,000 Award Package Eat. Learn. Live. and Grow Grant Winner:
- Hillsboro Junior High School - Hillsboro, Texas
$2,500 Award Package Eat. Learn. Live. and Grow Grant Winners:
- Trion City Schools - Trion, Georgia
- Bayless School District - St. Louis, Missouri
$1,000 Award Package Eat. Learn. Live and Grow Grant Winners:
- STAR School - Flagstaff, Arizona
- Hot Springs Middle School - Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Yerba Buena High School - San Jose, California
- Westhill High School - Stamford, Connecticut
- Jacksonville School for Autism - Jacksonville, Florida
- Youth Villages-Inner Harbour School - Douglasville, Georgia
- Brockton Public Schools - Brockton, Massachusetts
- Millington Community Schools - Millington, Michigan
- Mississippi Sustainable Agriculture Network - Oxford, Mississippi
- I.S. 10 Horace Greeley Middle School - Long Island City, New York
- Cove Creek Elementary School - Vilas, North Carolina
- Lowrance Middle School - Winston Salem, North Carolina
- Hampton Roads Academy Lower School - Newport News, Virginia
- Gar-Field Senior High School - Woodbridge, Virginia
- South Whidbey School District - Langley, Washington
- Moreau Catholic High School - Hayward, California
- Muskegon Area Intermediate School District, Wesley School - Muskegon, Michigan
- John P. Stevens High School - Edison, New Jersey
- Pocono Mountain East Junior High School - Swiftwater, Pennsylvania
- Coupeville School District - Coupeville, Washington