Garden with the kids in your life.
No matter the season, we have garden activity ideas that kids of all ages will love.
- Build a terrarium. Not just a miniature garden, but an opportunity to learn about the water cycle.
- Kitchen scrap gardening. Rescue scraps from your compost bucket and grow new plants from old plants.
- Art in the winter garden. Let your imaginations go wild and appreciate the beauty of your winter garden.
We hear from educators every day about how gardening changes kids' lives.
“I always say that the most important thing we are growing in the garden is our children.”
- Kimberly, youth center leader, Chicago
“Respect for nature has translated to respect for oneself. Caring for garden plots in cooperative teams of two has led to partners caring for each other’s welfare — as well as the vegetable plants!”
- Joe, elementary school teacher, Texas
“Students on the fringe academically and socially became leaders of their peers in the garden.”
- Claire, elementary school teacher, California